Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Break-ins and attempts in Elm Heights and Bryan Park

Hello all:

I'm copying texts of four messages to the Elm Heights Neighborhood listserv today, about break-ins and attempts:

Kevin Atkins


******************************************************************
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 9:22 PM
Subject: House Break-in at 1323 E First Street


We were robbed while away over the weekend. We came home and the garage door
was open -which we had closed. Someone went through the house, opening
drawers, cabinets etc. The items missing are:
Two laptops (2008 SONY Viao and a 2002 IBM T60)
a 22 caliber rifle (Remington)
a box of 22 ammunition,
a Fuji digital camera, some petty cash
an envelope of keys
two 6-gig IPODS.

Not much else was taken from what we can see. The Bloomington Police
(officer Luce) came right away and spent about an hour at our house. She
said that the evidence technician would come by but they have not as of this
writing.

If you find any of this please let us know. Or if you know anything please
contact us or Officer Luce 349-3854 X1491

Thank you.

******************************************************************
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:32 AM

All,
My husband woke up late last night to what sounded like someone trying to
kick in an outside side door. Our dog started barking, and the noises
stopped. There is evidence on the outside of the door today where it looks
like someone did indeed try to kick in the door. We are notifying the
police, but there is probably not much they can do, especially since they
were (thankfully) not successful. Please keep a watchful eye at night.

Rebecca Dilger
1014 E 1st St.

******************************************************************
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:37 AM

Hello! I just saw this email & thought I should respond.

My name is Cynthia Brown & I live at 818 E Maxwell Lane (corner of
Maxwell & Park St). I am technically in both Bryan Park and Elm Heights
neighborhoods.

I just called Dick Mitchell, the man in charge of BryanPark
Neighborhood Association's Neighborhood Watch, last week to notify him that
my neighbor 2 doors west of me came home at night & someone was breaking
into the back door of his house (the guy ran off into Bryan Park once the
homeowner arrived).

Now, I am sorry that I didn't notify Elm Height Neighborhood
Association as well. Maybe I would have helped to know sooner about this
earlier attempt at breaking and entering.

It seems to me that both neighborhood associations should keep their
residents abreast of these criminal incidents. Hopefully those neighbors
who are not involved in the neighborhood association will then be informed
by their neighbors & friends.

I will do my best to inform my block of this incident. Thank you very
much for reporting this in a way where your neighbors can be cognizant of
it.


******************************************************************
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:25 PM

There was also a burglary two weekends ago next door to us on the corner of
Maxwell and Stull, while the owner was away. The burglar forced open the
front door. The only things stolen were medications.

Anne Kibbler
710 E. Maxwell

No comments: