Friday, June 13, 2008

If you have suffered flood damage...

Monroe County city, town and county residents can call and report flood damage to the county emergency management agency until 4 p.m. Friday, June 20.

Call 349-2533 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Monroe County residents are also encouraged to report damage directly to FEMA by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362), or 800-462-7585 for the speech and hearing impaired.

Reporting can be done online at

When contacting FEMA, have the following information available, as stated on the agency’s Web site:
• Current phone number
• Address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying
• Social Security number, if available
• A general list of damages and losses you suffered
• If insured, the name of your company or agent and your policy number
• General financial information
• Bank account coding

In addition, if you have had flood water inside your home, the agency recommends the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for infomation on how to prevent health hazards due to mold. Go to or call (800) 438-4318.

No comments: